Warner Bros. reopens takeover talks with Paramount
Digest more
Cameron wrote his letter to Lee in the aftermath of an antitrust subcommittee meeting back on February 3, where Sarandos and WBD executives both testified; Lee has said he intends to hold a follow-up meeting to air more concerns like the ones raised in the director’s letter. You can read the full text of Cameron’s missive here.
In the latest turn of events in the Warner Bros. buyout deal, Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos has explained why the streaming juggernaut has provided a seven-day window to WBD to review Paramount‘s latest bid.
James Cameron has written a letter arguing that if Netflix is successful in its bid for Warner Bros.’ studio and streaming businesses, it could cause huge job loss, change the theatrical landscape and hurt the film export business.
The exec left Paramount last year amid the Skydance merger.
Warner Bros. Discovery (NASDAQ:WBD) on Tuesday rejected the latest hostile takeover bid from Paramount Skydance (NASDAQ:PSKY), giving the David Ellison-led company until February 23 to submit its "best and final offer.
Some cinema operators remain wary of Netflix’s bid, including Cinemark CEO Sean Gamble, who said Wednesday he is “apprehensive” Netflix will commit to standard theatrical release windows.
David Ellison's team will put the government on a time crunch in the event Paramount knocks out Netflix and wins the bidding war for Warner Bros. Discovery.
1don MSN
Netflix And Warner Bros. Are Fighting TikTok Over AI Versions of Stranger Things And Other IPs
Netflix and WB are threatening legal action.